Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> 30 million without health insurance equals

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

JG

September 17, 2009 8:44:53 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

30 million without health insurance equals
30 million without health insurance equals about 10% of the population.

If we accept that the true number is 30 million (it's lower actually) then that is only 10% of the population. If "something" only affects 10% can it really be a crisis?

The answer is: No.

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KB56

September 17, 2009 8:47:42 am

Looking forward to a "Summer of 69" with KBrooking

[ Link to this post ]

[ PM KB56 ]   __________________
Gunter glieben glauchen globen

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Yail Bloor

September 17, 2009 9:05:49 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

If I thought you actually came up with this yourself instead of regurgutating it, I'd respond and have a lively banter.

[ PM Yail Bloor ]   __________________
"To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fulms

September 17, 2009 9:09:17 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

If I didn't have health insurance I'd think it was a crisis.

[ PM fulms ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

September 17, 2009 9:14:41 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Yail Bloor said...
If I thought you actually came up with this yourself instead of regurgutating it, I'd respond and have a lively banter.

Why bother? I think the original question couldn't be a more perfect example of how out-of-touch republicans are to problems that don't effect them.

[ PM Cortez the Killer ]   __________________
I have trouble with math and miss the point of articles.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

September 17, 2009 9:15:38 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
fulms said...

I didn't have health insurance for nine months. I don't think it's a crisis. I know w/out a doubt that I could have gone into any doctor's office or emergency room and had whatever was ailing me fixed.

Just to make certain, I called one of the best hospitals around here (a top 100 hospital in the U.S.), and asked what would happen... the response? "We'll definitely take care of you. As for the bill, we would work very hard with you on payment scheduling."

[ PM Delphigod ]   __________________
"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

September 17, 2009 9:16:08 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Cortez the Killer said...
quote:
Yail Bloor said...

Why bother? I think the original question couldn't be a more perfect example of how out-of-touch republicans are to problems that don't effect them.

What is your list of things the gov't should provide to people (in the way of goods and services)?

[ PM michael corleone ]   __________________
“The United States does not have a security system; it has a system for bothering people.” - Israeli Air-security expert

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

SnugglesTheBear

September 17, 2009 9:19:50 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
Yail Bloor said...

Being dismissive is kind of the liberal fall back position, isn't it? If you don't agree it's a crisis (global warming, US imperialism, swine flu, voter fraud, health care, etc.), you're just fucking out of touch, if not delusional, and not worthy of a response.

[ PM SnugglesTheBear ]   __________________
"The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the state." Teddy Roosevelt

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

September 17, 2009 9:23:25 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
quote:
Yail Bloor said...

What is your list of things the gov't should provide to people (in the way of goods and services)?

It doesn't matter what I think govt should or shouldn't provide - the point is that some republicans who have been more fortunate in what's been given to them can't understand the hardship of families without health insurance.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

September 17, 2009 9:24:19 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
snugglesthebear said...
quote:
quote:
Yail Bloor said...

Being dismissive is kind of the liberal fall back position, isn't it? If you don't agree it's a crisis (global warming, US imperialism, swine flu, voter fraud, health care, etc.), you're just fucking out of touch, if not delusional, and not worthy of a response.

Is Yail a liberal?

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

September 17, 2009 9:24:40 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
snugglesthebear said...

Do you have health insurance in your racism-free utopia? I'm guessing that you do.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kio

September 17, 2009 9:29:03 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
what's been given to them

Now there is a problem. I'm neither Rep or Dem as I can't stand either. But I haven't been given what I have. I've actually worked for it and I don't really like GIVING it away to others.

[ PM kio ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

September 17, 2009 9:30:47 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...

If we accept that the true number is 30 million (it's lower actually) then that is only 10% of the population. If "something" only affects 10% can it really be a crisis?

logic and reason have no place in the health care reform debate....off with your head

[ PM Nnamath ]   __________________
Fair enough, I like the rest of it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fulms

September 17, 2009 9:34:28 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
delphigod said...
quote:
fulms said...

I didn't have health insurance for nine months. I don't think it's a crisis. I know w/out a doubt that I could have gone into any doctor's office or emergency room and had whatever was ailing me fixed.

Just to make certain, I called one of the best hospitals around here (a top 100 hospital in the U.S.), and asked what would happen... the response? "We'll definitely take care of you. As for the bill, we would work very hard with you on payment scheduling."

I didn't have insurance last year either, but thankfully the government stepped up and paid for the delivery and hospital stay of my 2nd child.

The govt. was our last choice as I tried to get coverage after my coverage from my previous employer ran out, but they consider pregnancy a pre-existing condition.

I don't want to know what my payment schedule would have been for the $10,000 bill.

[ PM fulms ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

SnugglesTheBear

September 17, 2009 9:34:57 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
snugglesthebear said...

Do you have health insurance in your racism-free utopia? I'm guessing that you do.

Dude, if you need everybody who disagrees with you to be a racist, crazy, or out of touch, that's fine. Whatever you need to make your view of the world work.

The man asked a simple question. Is it a crisis? The fact that it is a crisis for some portion of the population does not make it a national crisis. If it is not a national crisis, perhaps a less heavy-handed approach might be in order.

"The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the state." Teddy Roosevelt

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

September 17, 2009 9:36:10 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

30 million without health insurance equals bigger headaches for taxpayers. Your gonna end of paying for this one way or another. Anyone who thinks they're not is delusional.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

SnugglesTheBear

September 17, 2009 9:36:27 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
snugglesthebear said...
quote:
quote:
Yail Bloor said...

Is Yail a liberal?

You can grieve and troll at the same time? Impressive.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

September 17, 2009 9:41:42 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Nnamath said...
quote:
JG said...

logic and reason have no place in the health care reform debate....off with your head

Being in touch with people who may not live within your Johns Creek neighborhood would be helpful, though.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

September 17, 2009 9:46:04 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
fulms said...
quote:
delphigod said...
quote:
fulms said...

I didn't have insurance last year either, but thankfully the government stepped up and paid for the delivery and hospital stay of my 2nd child.

The govt. was our last choice as I tried to get coverage after my coverage from my previous employer ran out, but they consider pregnancy a pre-existing condition.

I don't want to know what my payment schedule would have been for the $10,000 bill.

... Dunno for the hospital you chose, but for me it would have been around $250 per month.

[ PM Delphigod ]   __________________
"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

September 17, 2009 9:48:18 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
Nnamath said...
quote:
JG said...

Being in touch with people who may not live within your Johns Creek neighborhood would be helpful, though.

good thing that I am then
I'm not a republican

10% is not a crisis

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  4  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread